Sunday 23 December 2012

The Christmas Sunday Post 2012



Christmas Eve

On window panes, the icy frost
Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
But in our house the Christmas tree
Is decorated festively
With tiny dots of colored light
That cozy up this winter night.
Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
Play softly on the radio.
Pops and hisses from the fire
Whistle with the bells and choir.
My tiger is now fast asleep
On his back and dreaming deep.
When the fire makes him hot,
He turns to warm whatever’s not.
Propped against him on the rug,
I give my friend a gentle hug.
Tomorrow’s what I’m waiting for,
But I can wait a little more.

Bill Watterson

7 comments:

DB Stewart said...

Here's hoping you get those gentle hugs this Christmas my friend. They are as good as gifts and better.

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Alistair! I miss these lads. Happy Christmas to you and G! Indigo

Alistair said...

dbs - At my age they're better. Actually, they've always been better but sometimes I forgot that! Happy Christmas to you and the family too. I hope the New Year is a good one for you all.

Indigo - Aye me too. {I still have a pile of the books in the loo for reading material. lol} Have a great Christmas yourself matey! I scheduled this post way back in August and've been looking forward to landing it here.

Antares Cryptos said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

DaveTwoJackets said...

Hi Alistair,
That's a great poem.
A very merry christmas to you and the lovely G.

Anonymous said...

*<{=D this made me smile so wide.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and wishes for the happiest year ever!

Alistair said...

Thanks everybody.

Merry Christmas one and all!

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...