Tuesday 27 January 2015

Beautiful she sleeps.




 I stretch slowly as my eyes open, enjoying the feel as muscle slowly tightens to push nights sleep away. Dawn is come and the lovely G is warm beside me. Beautiful she sleeps, her face is perfect peace. Hair, tousled and spread around her, billows softly across jaw and pillow. Beneath, closed eyes stretch long lashes down to kiss her cheek. I gaze in awe at a face so comfortingly familiar yet so exciting and can't resist the urge to reach and push a stray hair from her face. Still sleeping, she frowns and her expression turns soft pout, the gentlest of breathy whimpers crosses her dreaming lips. A hand comes up to touch her nose and, drained of energy, is left beside her face. She shrugs covers closer around her, her other hand touches mine and clasps me instinctively. Connected, I lay perfectly still, watching and content. Smiling, as beautiful, she sleeps.

see you later

Listening to:


4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
So beautifully expressed, her sleep... YAM xx

Alistair said...

Thanks Yamini,

This is a repost of an older piece - an instinctive response to something she said today.

I'm glad you liked it.

Peace.

Rebecca S. said...

You surely do love your lovely G, and express it so sweetly here. I love the part about her clasping your hand instinctively in her sleep.

Alistair said...

Thank You Rebecca. That obvious huh? Damn - hope she doesn't twig or she'll push for everything....

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...