Friday 27 April 2012

Twenty-one Today!


Inchcolme Abbey

For My Lovely G - on our anniversary.

Sure Thing.


I can no more describe you
than I can put a thing for the first time
where it already is.


If I could make a ladder of light
or comb the hair of a dream girl with a real comb
or pour a table into a jug.


I'm not good at impossible things
And that is why I'm sure
I will love you for my ever.


By Norman MacCaig.

Thank you for twenty one amazing years.

Please Miss.... Can I have some more?

Love ya! XXX

8 comments:

Nicky said...

Aw, happy 21st to you both! Have a fabulous celebration.

Jane said...

Aw, lovely! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

http://mintitgirl.blogspot.com/ - visit :)

DB Stewart said...

Hope you had a good day.

Alistair said...

Thanks folks - we had a lovely day.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Oh you big romantic you.

Glad you and Lady G had a nice time.

(I actually posted this before but in typical blogger fashion it vanished into cyberspace)

Rebecca S. said...

Awwwww sweet! Lucky girl to have a boy read her poetry, and such good poetry, too.
Congratulations!

Alistair said...

cheers all!

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...