Thursday 28 June 2012

Why you should read Indigo Roth.



Sometimes you come across a blog that just grabs your attention. If you're like me, you'll end up following them. I did just that a couple of years ago with fellow Brit Indigo Roth. His mind and his blog occupy a world that is convoluted, bizarre, fascinating, endearing and entertaining. Above all, it's entertaining. He's currently trying to reach a bigger audience. He deserves one.

His fictional (?) world contains amongst other things, a flat sharing lion with a penchant for regular showers and tie theft, engineering badgers, evil Genius (previously part-time) Dr Max Tunguska, Amy – a bare footed, blonde haired, summer-scented neighbour - and visits from fellow blogger and coffee addict Eloiste Petite. His escapades, japes and jaunts involve ancestors, time travel, gourmet coffee, talking animals and a multitude of scenarios and situations that quite frankly I couldn't imagine anyone else coming up with, written with that unique style of his that often leaves me with a grin on my face and plenty to think about across the day. He may be mad, he may be affected by a diet which seems to revolve around coffee and pizza but one thing is for sure; he's worth a visit.  And I have no idea what a 'fractal slacker' is........

Here's a wee sample, but whatever you do – don't blame me if you become addicted!

See you later.

This one's for you Indigo.

2 comments:

Indigo Roth said...

Hi Alistair! I don't know what to say. This is a lovely hat-tip, and flattering beyond words. I am not worthy. Thank you. Indigo

Rebecca S. said...

I was a dedicated follower for a long while. I still drop in to his blog now and then, but I must confess that either I am just too Canadian or he is just too particularly English for me to really 'get' him. I blame myself. I'm very glad you enjoy him, though!

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...