Friday 24 December 2010

The Importance of Good Communication...........



Hullo ma wee blog,

As it's almost Christmas {and I'm supposed to be wrapping presents for my Lovely G at the moment!} I am listening to a couple or three of favourite funnies which just happen to share the theme of communication. Victor Borge was a great favourite in our house when I was growing up and I remember these two pieces vividly. I loved this great Dane for his clever wit and his comic timing as well as his incredible musical virtuosity.



And finally one of the greatest comedy talents of my generation who had just an immense love of the potential  for the playfullness inherent in the spoken word. One of my all time favourite clips....




Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!

See you later.

4 comments:

coastkid said...

The Ronnie Barker film is a classic Al!
the "firth of fith" -:)

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Thanks for putting these clips up Alistair, I'd forgotten how funny Victor Borge could be. My Dad loved his acts, so we often watched him on TV.

BTW, I love Calvin & Hobbes as well, I was so sad when Sam Watterson stopped drawing them; they always cheered me up.

Have a guid new year and a non-abstemious Hogmanay

TWD said...

I've always loved Borge. Never heard of Barker before - funny stuff.

TWD

Alistair said...

Glad you enjoyed them gents. It's a rare talent to create something that can be gentle and clever and still get the reaction.

and TSB - I'll do my very best. Enjoy your visit home.

Awrra best to you all........

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...