Sunday 29 January 2012

The Sunday posts 2012



"Felis Cattus” is your taxonomic nomenclature:
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature.
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents:
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance;
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.
Oh Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display,
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array;
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

'Ode to Spot'
by Lt. Cmdr. Data

Photo of Jess by Alistair

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember it well. Excellent!

Kat_RN said...

Alistair,
You have inspired me this morning. I consider your blog some of the best reading ever, so I posted a link to this post and another to your posts about Jess.
They are all excellent. Thanks for making me smile again.
Kat

Alistair said...

Jono - might have known you'd be a Trekkie!!!

Kat - Thank you so much! What a generous comment to make. You'll have me blushing next!

Don't work too hard on the homework!

Anonymous said...

A certain "beamed up star date 19.4.01" would be very pleased with this particular Sunday Post!

Alistair said...

Sigh...... Uh-hu....

Antares Cryptos said...

Thanks for reminding me of this.:)

Alistair said...

:-D

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...