Thursday 24 March 2011

How to Significantly Reduce Global Warming

Maltesers - Cinema Confectionary of choice

Sitting in the cinema last night as we watched Liam Neeson's latest flick 'Unknown' {almost up to average by the way} I dipped my hand into the bag of sweets so thoughtfully provided by the Lovely G only to find they had turned almost to goo. That's right, they had become - Meltesers. {Aye thanks dbs for fixing 'wordfusing' into my wee brain cell}

The thought struck me that it could probably cure global warming and the energy crisis combined if only cinemas would turn the thermostat down to a reasonable level instead of cranking it way up. {I can just imagine a smiling cinema manager, "These go up to eleven!"}

Oh and talking about turning things down - while you're at it perhaps you could turn the thermostats on your chiller cabinets down too. Charging £2.55 for a bottle of lukewarm water to take into the movie is just adding insult to injury. And look on the bright side - with all the money you'd save on energy bills you wouldn't have to charge silly money for drinks and stuff. Or pay staff a decent wage of course, as well as saving the world..........

Aye, well you might want to think about it, that's all I'm saying.............

See you later.

Listening to Adele 'Someone Like You'

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My goodness I'll never tire of that song. It still gives me goosebumps.

It nice to see I'm not the only one who has caught the dbs bug.

Alistair said...

Hullo Jono - It's a corker of a track isn't it. I'm addicted at the moment. {and dbs has a lot to answer for - eh no.}

DB Stewart said...

Meltesers. Nice one. And thank you for linking me to your blog because your blog is just as enjoyable to me as the one-of-a-kind Adele.

Alistair said...

dbs - :-D

Kevin Gilmore said...

I can't get enough of Adele lately. Such an amazing talent!

Alistair said...

Kevin - She sure is. This is one of those tracks that seems to fill your head all day.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...