Saturday 3 October 2009

Mind Your Language Please.........



hullo ma wee blog,

This is a bit weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Maybe I now understand why they teach kids the way they do these days a bit better.

Listening to David Bowie 'China Girl'

see you later.........

4 comments:

Morning's Minion said...

My grandson is a great fan of Simon's Cat and introduced me to the antics a while back. We are braced by daylight for the morning routine of our cats, which looks like the video but multipled by several times. Once I get up and totter to the kitchen the cats are wiley enough to pretend they want my company as well as their morning treat. By the time I've made the coffee and gathered my wits, the felines are ready for a morning nap.

Alistair said...

Good morning MM,
Its a beautiful day.

We received the link from our brother in law's partner. I hadn't seen Simons Cat before and was struck by the lovely observation and by the minimalist quality of the monochrome. The first one made me laugh so much I immediately watched the others straight away.
The 'Let me in' episode is so like our Bailey cat right down to the point at the mouth almost.
Its 7.40 am here on Sunday morning and I am just having the first coffee of the day and hopefully an hour or so undisturbed work on reviewing the Scottish criminal justice system process in prep for my interview later in the week. Got a presentation to get ready. Bailey has just been let out and Jess looked at me with one eye open and pushed her shoulder further into the cushion as if to say 'Its bloomin Sunday. I'm staying right here thank you very much!'

kind regards.........Al.

The Clever Pup said...

Well I'm one of the 55. Why aren't I better at anagrams?

Alistair said...

Hullo C-Pup,

Phew......

That's a good one. I have no idea. Maybe because its a string of language rather than a word in isolation.

Maybe not enough crosswords as a child.
Maybe anagrams are not for you 'artistic bods'

hope all is going well with you........

kind regards.....Al.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...